19.4.06

grand plan

have you heard? have you heard of my plan?

I plan to own a cafe. I'm sure you think I'm crazy... especially if you're related to me, but this makes sense, I promise.

I know it's a lot of work to start your own business; you need lots of capital, lots of drive, a "vision", and probably a backup plan too. I think that it is possible... and if it's possible for anyone, it's possible for me.

This place will be cozy... relaxed. It will supply coffee, tea, select baked goods including my growing-famous chocolate spiced cake... good music always playing, friendly employees... as green as possible too.

I plan on having an area in the back for a stage... a small one. The whole place will hold 100 people at max... smaller I think. I can barely even tell how many 100 is... seems like a lot. A small stage for small acts, acoustic please.

There will be a back porch and garden. It will be open in the summer when I expand the menu to summer fruit and appetizers... the singer-songwriter, folkie, smooth, jazzy, musicians can play there too...

Perhaps I'll live upstairs in the second level with my cat, my music, my kitchen, my bed, and my white airy curtains.

It will be a place where people can stop by on their way to work to pick up the great, rich coffee that we make, by my dad's recipe. People can come by during their lunch hour to read the newspaper or chat or stare out the window. People can come by at night to read, and study, and talk, and listen to music, and meet, and make magic...

it will be a home that I can make for others. give people a place.

I'm crazy I know... 21 and getting all domestic. You know the rambler is still alive in me... I've got lots of impatience and impulsiveness in here too... I just really like to nurture the homebody in me. It has needed nurturing lately.

You're all welcome in my future cafe... bring your friends, bring your books, bring your guitars, bring your songs... bring some love and homeyness...

ahh jeez... I sound like some nostalgic flower child... can a cafe change the world? it may change mine...

just dreaming away my last weeks in Dublin...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful and inspiring. I always wanted a cafe, too. But I ain't tellin the name...secret.

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home